GOALINI KUSHAN LOKONRITYA TROUPE
(A cultural organization to represent and highlight the folk song,dances and music of the Koch-Rajbongshis)Under Koch-Rajbongshi Cultural Society,Kokrajhar, Assam, India.
Goalini Kushan Loko Nritya Troupe
Goalini Kushan Loko nritya Troupe is a popular team of traditional dances in western Assam located at Kokrajhar. It was founded in 2003. Presently it has been working under the guidance of Koch-Rajbongshi Cultural Society(A Socio-economic and Cultural organization). The troupe basically perform the Koch-Rajbongshi (An ethnic group of people belonging to the Mongoloid race) traditional folk dances prevalent in Assam, West Bengal, Bihar, Meghalaya and also in Nepal and Bangladesh. It has been performing different folk elements of the community in national and international affairs since the last few years. The most popular items for performance of the troupe are Kushan Nritya, Goalini Nritya, Kartika Nritya, Hudum Nritya, Bash Nritya etc. Along with the purpose of entertainment the troupe have a tendency to preserve, protect and promote ethno cultural elements. As per the tradition, both male and female dancers participate in performances but some of the performances are restricted to women only. The troupe consists of perfect singers, choreographer, folk musicians and dancers. Each and every dancer of the group is very conscious of aesthetic sense and well equipped with traditional costume as well as ornaments. At present, the performances of the troupe are available in different social and electronic media. The troupe can be reached at www.kochrajbongshiculturalsociety.com. The above mentioned troupe has performed as follows-
- Boarder Area Programme,Mizoram, organized by NEZCC, 12th to 13th February/2016.
- Thantedam, Gender Festival,Kerela, Organized by NEZCC, 8th to 17th March/2012.
- Kaliaghai-Kapaleswari Utsav, West Bengal, Organized by NEZCC, 6th to 9th November/2012.
- National Folk Festival, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, Organized by SZCC, 11th to 13th December/2015.
- Metropolies,Guwahati, Urban Winter Festival, Centre for Koch Rajbangshi studies & Development, 9th to 11th January /2015.
- Octave Festival, Chandigarh, Organized by NEZCC, 12th to 25th March/2014
- Participated in State Level Independence Day Program of Govt.of Assam at Khanapara,Guwahati Organised by Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Govt.of Assam, Guwahati in 2o16.
- Participated in ABU International Dance festival, 2016, New Delhi on 5th September, 2016 and accordingly the Recording of Kushan Nritya,Goalini Nritya and Hudum Nritya Broadcasted on 6th December, 2016 & 2nd JANUARY, 2017 at 09:00PM by DD BHARTI & on 8th December, 2016 & 4th January, 2017 at 06:30PM by DD NATIONAL(DD1)
1) Kushan Dance
2) Goalini Dance
Folk Culture is indigenous in nature and the vast treasures of folk culture have been the pride of a civilization as well as the nation. The western part of Assam, large parts of North Bengal, some parts of Bihar, Meghalaya, the adjacent areas of Bangladesh and Nepal inherit a common cultural heritage. It is the culture of the son of the soil, the culture of indigenous ethnic group Koch-Rajbongshis glorified by the elevated history of Koch-Kingdom and in different geographical background; it is popularly known as Rajbongshi Culture, Goalparia Culture, Rangpuria Culture, Vaoaiya Culture etc. It is the tune of Bena, Dotora, Sarinda that unite the people across the country sometimes irrespective of their religion.